UCAV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAPTER 1.05 - RETURN TO MAB'S COTTAGE

Go down

CHAPTER 1.05 - RETURN TO MAB'S COTTAGE Empty CHAPTER 1.05 - RETURN TO MAB'S COTTAGE

Post  Admin Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:06 am

Wolfram collapsed into a bed of leaves a short distance from the clearing and, as he slept fitfully the leaves gathered themsleves around his body to afford him warmth and sanctuary.

The following morning Wolfram returned to the clearing and Mab's cottage. He entered to find her dishevelled but otherwise back to her normal self again.

Offering him food, she answered Wolfram's questions. She confirmed that her situation is "complex" and that until now she had been under the influence of Gotha, a demon, at nights. He would possess her and ensure that she gave his "children" any hapless wanderers that she happened to intoxicate or otherwise dull the senses of with her herbs, spellcraft and food. In return he would not kill her.

"Who is Gotha?" Wolfram asks.

"Gotha is a major demon and goes by many names. Pig Master, Swine Herder and Mud King are common slang names he is known by. His children are collectively named Swine Born. He serves himself but allies with gods when he wants to; Loki and Fenrir petitioned Gotha to entrap Wolfram here in the Woedenwood," she tells him.

Wolfram is not surprised and he briefly observes a wooden talisman suspended on a thick leather cord around Mab's neck and visible beneath the sackcloth she is wearing.

"What is that?" he asks and Mab explains she wears a protective talisman that has been blessed by Freya. Sorry for her part in seeking to entrap Wolfram, Mab explains that Freya has instructed her to gift the talisman to him so that it might aid him and heal the bite he sustained near Griefswulde.

Reluctantly he accepts the gift of Freya's Amulet of Virile Health and asks if this means Mab will no longer be favoured by Freya.

"Not at all," Mab tells him. "I am protected by Freya and Cernunnos. The possession of Gotha has been ended by you and his hold will remain weak for some time now, at least until the time that his chldren might return. He will be more concerned about hunting you so you need protection more than I. Go now, Wolfram and be safe."

"Where will I go?" Wolfram asks her.

"Go west," she tells him. "Go through the woods to Haastenmoord. You will find it easily enough some two days from here. They visit me occasionally, but not often."

Wolfram and Mab discuss the village she calls Haastenmoord. "Six families lives there and they all have secrets," she says.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://ucav.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down